Taryn Ramstead

UNBC Teacher Candidate 2022

446 final project

The idea behind the blanket

The idea of making a blanket came from a fellow classmate. That’s when the idea sparked of making each square mean something in my learning journey. I picked all the patterns and colours to represent things and feelings I had over the course of the last 16 months in the program.

my third planning page I tried. It was hard to figure out the size I wanted to make it. I finally landed on 6 by 6, with 8-inch squares. I had a rough idea and bought only a few fabrics before committing to this rough draft

The picture on the left-hand side is when I finally had all the patterns and colours I needed. It took a long time to find all the fabrics I had envisioned. In the picture on the right-hand side were all the fabrics cut into 8-inch pieces

the paper plan coming to life. I laid out all the fabrics to make sure all the colours fit how I wanted them.

The first stage of sewing. This sage took a long time to make sure all the lines matched up, and that the fabric was all laying the right way. this is only the first row and there are two more to go.